Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formations using the Officers, drummers, and flag bearers.

2 posters

Go down

Formations using the Officers, drummers, and flag bearers. Empty Formations using the Officers, drummers, and flag bearers.

Post  uo1DDayDodger Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:37 am

I was wondering if it was possible to create formations using the new officers, drummers and flag bearers. I remember an old game called 'American Conquest' by CDV and what you could do was get a certain # of units (it went from 15 people all the way up to 172, although i know regiments of 172 men are impossible in AOE3) and if you had a flag bearer, captain and a drummer then you could group your units into a square, a square with a hole in the middle where the command units stood, and a skirmish line (although these dont necessarily have to be the formations). Finally, grouing your men together gave them an offensive and defensive bonus, which gave players the incentive organize their men.

Oh and great work on the mod, it looks amazing Very Happy , I would try to do some concept art, but sadly my job takes up too much of my time Sad and i have little experience in this time period.

uo1DDayDodger

Back to top Go down

Formations using the Officers, drummers, and flag bearers. Empty Re: Formations using the Officers, drummers, and flag bearers.

Post  ProvostGuard Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:16 am

Thanks for the comments and interest!

It seems like these types of formations were possible in the early stages of the game (check the E3 videos), but then the brilliant people at Ensemble decided to get rid of it. I haven't successfully reproduced it yet, and I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'm trying.

It's also difficult to make shaped formations, but not entirely impossible.
ProvostGuard
ProvostGuard

Back to top Go down